When Garden Park first opened in 2004, our new little community center seemed just fine. We had no idea that the community and the programs that we offered would flourish as they did. Several years ago we realized we needed more room!
Homework club was bursting at the seams, adults needed access to computers, residents and staff were meeting regularly to make plans for employment, improved parenting, and greater self-reliance. We had outgrown our community center!
We planned our new community center, and with the help of many, we now have a beautiful new space which includes:
- Computer lab for residents- both adults and youth
- More space for homework club
- Offices that offer privacy and dignity for residents receiving services
- Community space for meetings and events
- And an additional two-bedroom unit for another formerly homeless family
This addition will enhance the quality of life for Garden Park residents and was made possible by generous support from the City of Pleasant Hill, Contra Costa Behavioral Health Services, Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation, HEDCO Foundation, The San Francisco Foundation, Episcopal Charities, VISA USA, Lescure Company, Mark Scott Construction, Joseph Gorny and Associates, Lafayette Juniors, Lafayette Community Foundation, our faith communities, and many individual donors.